Emergency Lighting: Testing, Installation & Maintenance
As NICEIC Approved electrical contractors in Glasgow, we are fully qualified to test emergency lighting & carry out maintenance work. We’re also able to work with other teams to design & install new emergency lighting systems. If you need emergency lighting tested in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling or Ayrshire, please give us a call.
The reasons for buildings requiring emergency lighting may be obvious, but its importance cannot be understated. Property owners & managers should be aware that emergency lighting for commercial premises is a legal requirement in the UK and it must comply with BS 5266-1 2016. In order to maintain compliance, all emergency lighting systems need to be tested periodically.
If you are in any doubt regarding the compliance of your emergency lighting, please contact us. We’ll be happy to assess your current system, carry out a test and advise if there’s any work required to ensure you are legally complying with BS5266.
Alternatively, if you just need your emergency lighting to to to be tested by a company that’s both professional & affordable, please get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to common questions…
What is emergency lighting?
Emergency lighting automatically comes on when the power supply to the normal lighting provision fails.
In an emergency (such as a fire), the main power supply could be cut and normal electrical illumination fails. Emergency lighting is usually required to operate automatically and to give illumination of a sufficiently high level to enable all occupants to evacuate the premises safely.
This is often referred to as “emergency escape lighting,” and should:
- Indicate clearly and unambiguously the escape routes
- Illuminate the escape routes to allow safe movement towards and out of the exits
- Ensure the fire alarm call points and fire equipment provided along the escape route can be easily located.
What businesses need emergency lighting?
In simple terms – all businesses need emergency lighting, in order to comply with UK Fire Safety legislation. This includes businesses such as offices, shops, churches, community centres, public halls, schools, hotels, nursing and care homes, hospices, pubs, clubs and restaurants, warehouses, factories, and marquees.
What does an emergency lighting test cover?
The emergency lighting tests that we conduct will include:
- Battery discharge test
- Lumen level output assessment
- Survey to assess adequate coverage
- Compatability with BS requirements
- Client training to carry out interim testing
Emergency Lighting Testing Across Glasgow, Edinburgh & Ayrshire
We cover all of the major cities & towns of the Central belt of Scotland, including:
- Glasgow City Centre, West End & South Side
- Clydebank, Helensburgh & Dumbarton
- Paisley & East Renfrewshire
- East Kilbride, Hamilton, Motherwell, Bellshill, Airdrie & Coatbridge
- Cumbernauld, Falkirk & Stirling
- Edinburgh, Leith, Musselburgh
- East Lothian
- Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg & Penicuik
- Bathgate & Livingston
- West Lothian
- Ayr, Kilmarnock, Irvine, Prestwick & Largs
0141 357 3557
0131 235 2909
7 Thornwood Rd,
Glasgow, G11 7RA