Project: Energy Efficient Electrical Heating Upgrade
Client: Tiree Parish Church
Date: September 2022
Location: Tiree, Inner Hebrides
Over 4 days in September, we installed a more energy-efficient electric heating system for Tiree Parish Church. After a previous visit to discuss the church’s issues, we established that the new system needed to be more effective at heating the church to ensure the congregation could enjoy the service. Being a large space, it also needed to be energy-efficient to make the cost of running the system affordable. Click here to view the image gallery.
- Installation 4 x 9kWh electric space heaters & 2 x destratification fans.
- The heaters were set up to heat 2 zones, but also work independently to esnure a consistent temperature.
- Thermostatic timers were set to bring the temperature up to 16ºC each morning to stop the church from getting too cold or damp (and then switch off again).
- For Sunday service, the timer is set to get the room up to 19ºC in time for the congregation to arrive (and switches off as the service comes to an end).
- As the church warms, the modulated heaters adjust the output automatically for increased efficiency.
- The destratification fans automatically start up once the ceiling temperature has reached 20º, pushing the warm air back down to the congregation.
Useful links for further information:
How can we help?
After clicking "SEND MESSAGE" please wait for confirmation that we have received your message. Thanks!
0141 357 3557
0131 235 2909
7 Thornwood Rd,
Glasgow, G11 7RA