Project: Warehouse LED lighting upgrade
Client: National retailer
Date: August 2022
Location: Hillington Ind. Est., Glasgow
Our client has a very large warehouse & was looking to test the effects of upgrading fluorescent lights to LEDs in one aisle. The original lights ran constantly. Ideally, they were looking to see evidence of:
- reduced energy consumption & costs
- improved lighting levels
- reduced maintenance costs (as building is 15m high).
Work carried out:
- Removed 7 (4 x 80w) T5 fluorescent light fittings
- Installed 5 x 190w high rack LED fittings
- Individual PIR sensors fitted to each lamp (so are only come on when required)
- Photocells also fitted to each lamp, to make use of the naturally daylight, which also reduces consumption.
Energy Savings / Results
- Original energy consumption for this aisle: 2390 kW p/a
- After upgrade: 727 kW p/a
- Significant improvement to lighting quality, especially at the bottom of the shelving.
Initial feedback has been very positive from both management & staff & we’re looking forward to carrying out future improvements in this warehouse.
Please visit our page our page on warehouse lighting for more information on our general lighting work in warehouses & industrial premises. You can also visit warehouse LED lighting for more specific information on how we help businesses save money by upgrading to LEDs.
For an overview on all the electrical services we can provide, please return to our home page.
How can we help?
After clicking "SEND MESSAGE" please wait for confirmation that we have received your message. Thanks!
0141 357 3557
0131 235 2909
7 Thornwood Rd,
Glasgow, G11 7RA